March 30, 2020
Dear valued clients, patients, community leaders and friends,
We are thinking about you and sending our well wishes and positivity during these uncertain times. At this time, your health is critical to us. As such, InspiAIR and Northern Respiratory will remain in operation throughout the COVID-19 health crisis to ensure your home oxygen and CPAP needs are met and your health is not compromised in any way. Please note that our clinics are open by appointment only. We will be offering patient consultations and assessments via phone or through online communications. Shipment options for replacement of sleep products and oxygen equipment will be readily available.
We at InspiAIR and Northern Respiratory have developed a pandemic plan to ensure the safe continuity of operations for all of our patients, as well as our dedicated staff. We want to assure you that our team of Registered Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, and other healthcare professionals have extensive knowledge and experience in providing safe care to patients, while working collaboratively with physicians and other community partners during COVID-19. We have taken serious steps to protect everyone.
Our employees and health-care professionals are trained on the effective use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Our teams use PPE when appropriate and follow directives from Ontario Health and Public Health Ontario.
*We WILL telephone and pre-screen all patients to identify whether he/she has been confirmed with COVID-19 OR displaying symptoms of COVID-19 OR recently travelled AND/OR had contact history before initiating service*
If our pre-screening identifies a patient as having any of the above, the following measures will take place:
- Utilization of appropriate PPE for each visit (mask, gown, gloves and eye goggles) as well as keeping the need for in-home visits to a minimum safe physical distance of 6 feet.
- Equipment removed from these homes following service will be sterilized and disposable supplies will be discarded appropriately.
PLEASE BE ADVISED of these CHANGES:
- Oxygen funding renewal requirements have been changed by the MOHLTC during this pandemic to allow phone assessments and submission of the application without client signatures.
- We will not be asking for signatures for forms or product deliveries; however, we do need digital signatures on ADP forms.
- We will provide ongoing oxygen delivery. Where possible, clients can place their empty oxygen supply on their porch or entrance and InspiAIR will leave a fresh supply in its place.
- We will maintain a six-foot distance from patients during all visits where possible.
PLEASE NOTE the areas of our business that remain UNCHANGED are as follows:
- New oxygen setups continue to be our top priority. We have brought in extra equipment to handle increased demand.
- We will continue to provide 24/7 technical service and support for our patients.
- We can accept new prescriptions for PAP therapy and provide virtual set-ups respecting the 6-foot physical distancing protocol.
We would like to reassure you that InspiAIR and Northern Respiratory are committed to serving you and keeping you protected. Thank you for your ongoing relationship and continued trust with us. For immediate assistance, please contact us via our listed numbers below:
North Bay: 1-705-475-1881
Thunder Bay: 1-807-767-1247
We will continue to update you with information and keep you posted on any developments. We are committed to be by your side through this pandemic; please continue to take all necessary precautions in keeping yourself and your loved ones safe!