CPAP therapy is a highly effective treatment for sleep apnea. However, to ensure that CPAP therapy is working properly, it is important to keep your CPAP machine clean and running smoothly. Here are some tips to help you keep your CPAP machine in top condition:
1. Clean your CPAP mask every day with mild soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse the mask thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
2. Clean your CPAP tubing once every week with mild soap and warm water. Rinse the tubing thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
3. Replace your CPAP filter every month, as directed by your physician or CPAP manufacturer.
4. Inspect your CPAP tubing and mask for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any leaks, cracks, or holes, replace the affected parts immediately.
5. Replace your mask at least every 6 months. Over time, the natural oils from our skin break down the silicone, rendering the mask’s seal, less effective. Additionally, the elastic compound of the head strap becomes less effective over time, further compromising your seal
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your CPAP therapy is working effectively and providing you with the best possible sleep.